Monday, February 1, 2010

Dresses!

I will be the first to admit, that besides getting the venue taken care of, there is plenty of time for everything else to come to fruition. My sister on the other hand demands we get on the ball now! Maybe this is because this is the first time she is actually old enough to remember one of her sisters getting married.

Anyways.. Jeri made me (well pretty much) to go dress shopping. I have come to the conclusion that 98% of bridal gowns make me wanna puke and that bridal dress workers, are kind of pushy and annoying. I want something simple and short, maybe. Anyways I did find two today that I really liked, but they are like night and day. One is very traditional and one is so not.




The color is a bit off in this picture but it is a very saturated deep purple. I love it. It's different and would fit the whole non traditional wedding theme.


Please ignore the funky face I am making. I love love love the structural collar on this dress and if I bought this one I would have my mom cut it short because there is to much going on with the tulle on the bottom. This is completely traditional but I still really like it.

The attendant was a little snotty and when I said I was having a non-traditional wedding, the attendant said "Yeah I figured with your Halloween date" but said in a very snobby way. I shouldn't be surprised, most people think your odd when you don't want a wedding with the whole 9 yards of tulle and taffeta.

I have a long time t decide and might find something I like better. My original idea was to use this dress I already own (but have yet to wear) and then take the money I would have spent on the dress and buy a super nice pair of shoes for the wedding. For some reason no one seems surprised when I say that

2 comments:

  1. both dresses look very you :) i like the white one myself! and WOW you have lost weight since I last saw you (granted that was.... lord 2 years ago?). Anyway you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love BOTH of them....and the attendant? What a BITCH!

    thanks for posting these!!!

    ReplyDelete